ACBL MID-ATLANTIC BRIDGE CONFERENCE, INC.
ADDENDUM TO CONTRACT
1. Hotel to run concession stand throughout the tournament with food, soft drinks
and coffee at reasonable rates.
2. Water stations with separate bins of ice and at least 7 ounce plastic or paper cups will be provided by the hotel. These water stations should be strategically placed throughout the playing rooms. Replenishment will be frequent as needed.
3. Hotel must guarantee that the bridge rate is the lowest available rate during the time period of the tournament with the exception of yearly contract groups whose rate is not available to the general public. Selling rooms at a lower rate including groups such as AAA, AARP and hotel membership groups will negate any minimum room guarantee and/or rent associated with such guarantee.
4. The playing rooms and the restrooms will be cleaned after each bridge session. Restroom supplies and cleanliness will be checked frequently. A generous supply of waste cans will be provided at no charge.
5. The hotel recognizes that tournament bridge is a game requiring intense concentration and it would not be appropriate to put any loud meeting, i.e., a dance, next to the bridge tournament.
6. Parking will be free to all participants.
7. Hotel will provide a microphone for each large functional room greater than 40 tables (or 2500 square feet), a minimum of two blackboards, easels or similar presentation boards, and at least 8, 6-8 foot skirted tables all at no charge.
8. The Mid-Atlantic Bridge Conference will provide bridge tables and the Hotel will provide chairs and meeting tables. Setup and take down of the tables, chairs and bridge standards will be by the Hotel at no charge. Delivery of the bridge tables and standards will be to the Hotel loading dock. Pickup will also be at the Hotel loading dock. Tables and standards may be delivered up to three days before the start of the tournament and collected up to one day after the end of the tournament. The Hotel will also accept delivery of all MABC supplies up to one week prior to the opening date of the tournament at no charge.
9. The Hotel will hang up to 15 banners at no charge. 10. Any reservation request received after the cut-off date or after the room block has been fulfilled will be accepted on a space available basis at the bridge rate – this includes “walk-ins.” If the hotel does not have rooms available or knowingly refuses or fails to offer rooms at the agreed contract rate to any bridge player, by such act the hotel waives any minimum room guarantee and/or rent associated with such guarantee.
11. In the event of a cancellation by the Mid-Atlantic Bridge Conference, the hotel does hereby agree to take any and all reasonable steps and acts to mitigate its damages or any cancellation penalty, and any cancellation penalty will be adjusted to reflect the actual loss sustained by the hotel.
12. Any room or revenue guarantee is waived due to circumstances created by “Acts of God,” e.g. flood, tornado, hurricane, earthquake, snow or ice storm.
13. Free internet access will be provided as part of the room rate.
Accepted By: ACBL Mid-Atlantic Bridge Conference, Inc.
Accepted By: ______________________________________________